Hubby and I had a wonderful 2 weeks vacation hiking and camping in the Adirondacks in New York State. We went to the Fish Creek Pond campsite, near Santa Clara NY, which is approximately a two and a half hour drive from where we live. The hikes we chose to do were around an hour drive from the camp. Even though we had a rainy vacation, we still managed to hike 5 mountains.
The views from the top of the mountain are absolutely breathtaking.
See for yourself
We had a wonderful vacation. The only exception is that I got a speeding ticket in the State of New York! In Canada, the amount of the fine is indicated on the citation… Not in NY. I had to call the District Attorney’s office! Because this is my first offense in the state of New York, I’m able (possibly) to get a reduction on the fine amount. It’s quite a process to go through.
- Go to the DA’s office to pick up the reduction form
- Request my driving record with my provincial DMV (which I will only receive when I return home from my vacation)
- Complete the form and explain why I was going over the speed limit
- Try to obtain American stamps in Canada for the self-addressed return envelope… impossible. (should have bought them when I was in the USA!)
- Call back the DA’s office and explain the stamp situation. (they were very understanding and accommodating)
- make photocopy of the ticket
- mail everything in before the deadline
All steps completed, now I wait for their answer as to how much they believe I should be fined. I’m impatiently checking my mailbox every day. LOL
Speeding ticket aside, we had a wonderful time.