A few months back I wrote about the MS Walk.

Last Sunday, May 28th, 2017 was the MS Walk in Montreal, and I can’t believe we reached our fundraising goal! Albeit a small goal of 100$, it was our first time fundraising for this event, we managed to reach it. We always participate in the walk every year and we each donate a little something, but I was pleasantly surprised that friends and family supported us and donated to the cause.

The final number of walkers and total funds raised has yet to be published, but I’m so happy that all the funds raised go towards stem cell research, to discovering the root cause of MS, to finding treatments for progressive MS, as well as to finding different symptom management solutions.

Next years Walk will be held in my area on May 27th, 2018. This time, I will start fundraising early… really early. We will do bake sales and sell little trinkets like lip balms, body scrubs and the like in order to raise even more funds. 98% of the funds will go towards the cause and the other 2% will be to cover the cost of materials to make the goods.

I’m so excited! I can’t wait.

Here’s a glimpse of our 2017 MS Walk.

04 JUNE 2017: EDIT

The numbers are in… are you ready to be blown away?

The 2017 MS Walk was held in 16 cities across the province of Quebec and had over 3,000 registered walkers. The total amount raised across Quebec was a whopping $1,022,242!!!

In Montreal, where I walked along with 600 other walkers, we managed to raised nearly a quarter of that amount… $251,300!!! To see pictures of the Montreal walk, click on this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/societesp-quebec/sets/72157681558611072

Incredible! I find it absolutely amazing that a city, a whole province, can come together and support one another for the benefit of research.

Until next year.

Advertisements